Skip to main content

Christmas Calm. . .

Another vintage image of Santa Claus/Father Christmas this Christmas Morning here in The Grand Duchy. . .


There is something wonderful about that first mug of coffee on Christmas Day.  Checking email from absent friends and family, chuckling quietly over their messages, and listening to seasonal jazz renditions of old Christmas favorites playing softly in the background.  Merry Christmas!

-- Stokes 

Comments

Steve J. said…
Merry Xmas to you too!
Gallia said…
Merry Christmas and Blessings for you and your family,
Have a wonderful day,
Bill
Peter Douglas said…
Enjoy the peace while it lasts, and have a Merry Christmas!
Bluewillow said…
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year


Cheers
Matt
French Wargame Holidays
Aly Morrison said…
Merry Christmas Stokes.

All the best Aly
Dan Foley said…
Merry Christmas!
Der Alte Fritz said…
I hope that your stocking was filled with Minden Miniatures.
Thank you, men! And Jim, actually there were some soldiers under the tree along with the promise of some more when the Hessians are back in stock. An interesting book of Knoetel watercolors too on German uniforms from the 18th century.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!