Skip to main content

A Pair of Terraining Loons. . .

 The Young Master hard at work late this afternoon coloring the Hasenpfeffer River.  That's the village of Hasenpfeffer on the summit of the hill by the way.  A lake, pond, and mill run were later added.

The Young Master and I spent the second half of our Saturday afternoon working on eventual hills.  By all accounts, a great deal of fun was had by all.  After supper, the three of us retired to the rear deck where the Young Master spent an hour running through the sprinklers, as the backyard was watered, while the Grand Duchess and I enjoyed, coffee, tea, and some kind of small lemon zest cookies.  Two short Star Wars stories followed just before bed after tooth-brushing and pajamas.  It has been a good day here at Totleigh-in-the-Wold.

-- Stokes


 Here is nearby Hasenpfefferwald complete with insects, a taxi, and prehistoric creatures.


More of the finished forest over on the painting desk.  There is even more in a nearby closet.  I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 trees on various bases thanks to the help of my partner in crime, the Young Master..

Comments

Conrad Kinch said…
Sounds heavenly. Keep that young man at it - a good terrain guy is hard to find.
Unknown said…
A great day for you both; one that you'll not forget. All the best, Simon
Fitz-Badger said…
And an excellent way to spend Father's Day.

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!