A slow week painting-wise, but I've made good progress on the final nine figures in that ongoing 30-figure regiment since Friday evening. Sill lots to do, but the back of the project is broken, and my motivation is reasonably high to get these darn things finished and move on to the final infantry unit in Phase One of the Grand Duchy of Stollen Project.
Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

Comments
Any sniff of a game?
Best Regards,
Stokes
But all-in-all I much prefer simpler castings. It is one of the reasons that I like the elegant RSM sculpts . . . they are not super-detailed . . . and we all know that if the detail is cast onto the figure we feel obligated to paint it.
Stokes, give yourself a simpler painting project for your next unit. Reward yourself for finishing the Hussars.
-- Jeff
Best Regards,
Stokes