Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good. I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses. I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place. Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...
Mid-18th Century Painting and Collecting with Occasional Tabletop Games in the Grand Manner Since 2006




Comments
Alan
The dragoons are some of the 1/72 Revell Austrian dragoons. Much more plentiful than the Prussian hussars or Austrian artillery sets, and very useful for other country's cavalry too. Happy you are enjoying the game!
Stokes
The arrival turn roll gave me two units on the second turn, but the event roll tossed the general from his horse, preventing them from gaining any advantage movement from their arrival.
To get better die rolls you need to "sacrifice a virgin" (meaning one that has never been rolled).
A friend used to take all of his dice and line them up on the edge of his bathtub . . . then (using lighter fluid) burn ones that had rolled badly in a game in the tub "to encourage the others".
Okay maybe that's a bit much . . . but the image has sure stuck with me.
-- Jeff
This is fun, following this game!