Skip to main content

Move Six Concluded. . .

The end of Move Six saw a brief cavalry melee between Stollen's red-coated 4th Dragoons and Zichenau's blue-coated Grenadiere zu Pferd on the eastern side of Pickelhaubewicz. Oddly, the latter lost one figure and had to withdraw 12" back down the road they had originally come into town on, to the south of the village.


Stollen's dragoons, on the other hand, retired 12" to their previous position, a hilltop just to the east of Pickelhaubewicz.


Nevertheless, Pickelhaubewicz remains firmly in the hands of Major von Hirschbiegel's Irish grenzers. Stollen's even more dour than usual Colonel von Grundig certainly has his work cut out for him!

Comments

Conrad Kinch said…
*sigh* Trust my compatriots to end up on the wrong side...

...the Zichenaurs probably support the Stuarts or some other such nonsense, damn their eyes.
MurdocK said…
SUPERIOR!

Tell us Stokes...how does it feel now that the tabletop action has taken place?

Are you champing at the bit for more?

Huzzah!

Looks like a great staging of the game!
littlejohn said…
Really nice game!

Popular posts from this blog

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!