Skip to main content

Little by Little. . .

Well, yesterday was a good day as far as 41st birthdays go. Had some nice cards and gifts, a delightful dinner out at one of our favorite Indian restaurants (courtesy of the lovely Grand Duchess Sonja), and even about 90 minutes yesterday afternoon of painting on the fourth and final batch of Zichenauer infantry. You can see in the background that I have yet to finish the muskets of the third company, but I’ll get there in the next day or so.

Comments

Bluebear Jeff said…
A belated "Happy Birthday", Stokes.


-- Jeff
Fitz-Badger said…
Ah, you're just a youngster (Yunker?).
For my 51st birthday last month my lovely lady got me an Ott lite, the better to see when I paint. :-)
Fitz-Badger said…
p.s. Happy Birthday (belated)!
MurdocK said…
с днем рождения

and

lycklig födelsedag

Cheers
Thank you for your good wishes everyone!

Best Regards,

Stokes
Ike said…
A very belated happy birthday!! But sincerely meant nonetheless!
Der Alte Fritz said…
Happy birthday, you young pup. The Zichenauers are looking good.
old-tidders said…
Happy birthday, figs are looking good.

-- Allan

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!