Skip to main content

A Raid-Rescue Scenario. . .

 

The tranquil village in question. . .


Young Master Paul and I took a few minutes this afternoon to set the table for our forthcoming raid-rescue.  He will lead a small band of soldiers, who have been tasked with finding and rescuing the gouty General von Bauchschmerzen from the nefarious Zichenauers, under the command of that most notorious cad and bounder General Phillipe de Latte.  

What my son does not know is that there will be a logic and deduction component to the game.  Before he can rescue von Bauchschmerzen, he must work out in which of the six buildings the good general is held.  I also plan to throw in a wandering sentry or two just to keep the Young Master on his toes.  Play is slated to begin following school tomorrow (Monday) afternoon.

-- Stokes

Comments

tradgardmastare said…
Sounds great fun, can’t wait for pictures and AAR...
Neil said…
Yikes! Sounds like a dangerous mission.
Neil

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!