Skip to main content

The Battle of Hasenpfefferwald,13 July 1316. . .

The Young Master taking a moment to strike the pose for ol' Dad.

Having loads of fun with the Young Master here today.  One of the very best battle arrays I have ever seen anywhere.  Ever.

-- Stokes


 The Young Master hard at work setting up his troops.  The hills are made from the books YMP enjoyed perusing down here Zum Stollenkeller Mk II a couple of days ago.


One of the Young Master's Safari Ltd knights.


The battlefield is set up.  That's Hasenpfefferwald at the left.  The village of Hasenpfeffer and Hasenpfeffer Schloss are next to the Young Master in the background.


Ah, I love the smell of dragon breath in the morning.  Cannon fire from the Blue Army is answered by putrid dragon breath from the Red Army's side of the field.


 The reason for the battle.  The huge green dragon and Red Army are after the treasure, which is defended, naturally, by the Blue Army of knights.


The king, queen, witch, and warlock watch the battle develop.


The young general engrossed in his tactical machinations.


A kind of smile for Dad.

Comments

Maj. Guiscard said…
Those are absolutely the best games.

Huzzah!
Great to see the next generation getting started ! , Tony
Capital!

I do hope there were some toy catapults launching little plastic boulders.
marinergrim said…
Love it. Really love it.
Mind you - you know you have a large basement when you need a bicycle to get around it all!
Wellington Man said…
Well done, Stokes. Alas, I started far too late with Wellington Boys 1 and 2. They went over to the dark side (Warhammer 40,000) and could not be retrieved.

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!