Skip to main content

30 Minden Hussars FINALLY Finished. . . No More Hussars for a While!




Comments

johnpreece said…
Well done.
abdul666 said…
*WOW*!
Compliments!
Paul Liddle said…
Beautiful,just beautiful!.
Old School ACW said…
Magnificent!
warpaintjj said…
CONGRATULATIONS - I am so relieved to see these finished! Heaven knows how you must feel? Lovely work and an inspirational blog, thanks.
JJ
Jiminho said…
Lovely - they really dazzle!
Der Alte Fritz said…
Congratulations. Line infantry will now fly off of your brushes by comparison. I always dislike painting cavalry because it is really two figures.
tradgardmastare said…
Worth all that hard work Stokes- huzzah for your brave lads!
Stryker said…
That's very impressive - I struggle with my own 18 figure cavalry units so hats off to you!

Ian
Bluebear Jeff said…
Very nicely done, Stokes. Very nice indeed.

Now . . . on to the RSMs, eh?


-- Jeff
Nice work - well done on finishing them!!
marinergrim said…
Huzzah!
They look terrific.
Chris Gregg said…
Fantastic job, they look formidable as a big regiment, well worth all that effort.
Chris
http://notjustoldschool.blogspot.com/
Capt Bill said…
Now, into action...
Conrad Kinch said…
Well done Stokes. Glad to see all your hard work paid off.
Fitz-Badger said…
Great work and congrats on finishing them! Even if I had the space for them I don't have the patience to paint that many figures of a single unit, and such a "fancy" one in terms of complexity of uniform!
Prufrock said…
Very nicely done!

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!