Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good. I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses. I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place. Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...
Comments
Once again I urge you to consider 'writing this battle up' for BATTLEGAMES.
You have many wonderful photos . . . and, especially considering that this is a BATTLEGAMES 'Teaser', I suspect that Henry might well want to publish it . . . you should at least inquire.
Finally, I hope that you and the Grand Duchess Sonja have a delightful New Year.
-- Jeff
Alan
I really like the paint job on the Stollenian Jaeger zu Fuss. Exactly how a light infantry unti should look.
I'm a bit of a fan of the old "Kleine Krieg", so most light infantry units get the thumbs up from me anyway.
(Hope the thumbs up sign means the same over there as it does in the UK).
Steve.
Stokes and I had already been talking about doing a joint write-up of the game for Battlegames. We shall see what comes of it, but we're both interested in the idea.