Skip to main content

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

To all subjects of the United States of America, wherever in the world you might find yourselves, the Grand Duke Irwin-Amadeus II and the fetching Grand Duchess Sonja wish each and everyone of you a Happy Thanksgiving 2008! May your day be filled with good food, joyous company, and the comfort of family. Let the 2008 h0liday season officially begin!


Comments

Anonymous said…
And have as happy a Thanksgiving as you had a St. Valentine's Siege Train Day.
Bluebear Jeff said…
May you and the Grand Duchess enjoy the day too.


-- Jeff
tradgardmastare said…
Enjoy!
I hope the forthcoming game lives up to your expectations .
best wishes
Alan
p.s as asked I am reminding you about the play sheet .
A J said…
Happy Thanksgiving, Stokes!

Popular posts from this blog

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!