Skip to main content

Cavalry Melee Resolved, Cocluding Move 3. . .

In the cavlary melee that unfolded in the center of Pickelhaubewicz, three Stollenian cavalry opposed three Zichenauer cavalry. Von Grundig's 4th Dragoons rolled a 6 and two 5s in the melee, beating von Hirschbiegel's single 2 and two 3s. Above, you see the vicotrs rallying just outside the village on a nearby hill.


Here, you'll observe the remainder of von Hirschbiegel's 11th Hussars, who lost three comrades in the close fighting, withdrawing to the edge of Pickelhaubewicz.

Comments

Bluebear Jeff said…
Bravo! Well done, Dragoons!

I told you that those Saxe-Bearstein-like colors would do well on the field of Mars.

First blood to Stollen . . . but Zichenauer seems about to be "getting there firstest with the mostest" as the saying goes.


-- Jeff
Fitz-Badger said…
"run away" (my favorite "military" command - chuckle)
A J said…
Victory for the brave dragoons! And the Hussars are, let's face it, following the fine tradition of all brand-new units in their first game. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!