Skip to main content

The Action at Pickelhaubewicz -- Move 4. . .

Following the sharp cavalry skirmish in Pickelhaubewicz itself, things remained quiet on the rest of the battlefield. However, a company of Zichenau's Ermland Garde (The Newts) arrived, marching in perfect step behind their commander, Colonel Augustus von Finknottle, as their drummer beat the cadence time, and their colors unfurled in the breeze.


For their part, Stollen's Von Laurenz Musketeers moved up, closing the distance between themselves and Pickelhaubewicz. To their rear can be seen two companies of the green-coated Jaeger zu Fuss, which finally arrived following a night-long forced march from their billets, a full day's normal march to the southeast.

Comments

Bluebear Jeff said…
I still like "The Newts" standard . . . it is a neat flag.


-- Jeff
A J said…
Yes, I like the design too. It was designed by a Mr. Hudson, I think..?
Yes, that particular standard is from either WarFlag of NapFlags, but I've altered the colors with a steady hand and small paintbrush.

Stokes

Popular posts from this blog

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!