Skip to main content

This Preview Has Been Rated "A" for All Audiences. . .


Just a sneak peek at a few of the highlights coming up here at the Grand Duchy of Stollen blog in the next several days. First, there's an update on the latest happenings in Krankenstadt palace as Iriwin-Amadeus II wonders out loud about life, the universe, the coming defensive campaign against the Electorate of Zichenau, and what he'll do with his day as his loyal English valet, Hives, scans the morning edition of
Die Krankenstadt Tageblat. Next, there will be an informal review of those lovely Huzzah miniatures I received from Jim "Alte Fritz" Purky and Ian Marsh early last summer. I'll also be formalizing my thoughts on Charge! Or How to Play War Games for a short review that I promised Greg Horne some weeks ago.

Finally, there will be an update on the plans Jonathan Broadus and I are developing for our play-by-e-mail game -- a refight of Charles Grant's Table Top Teaser from Battlegames #14 -- which will take place in the coming weeks. Oh, and of course there will be a few more painting updates on those Revell hussars that have been waiting patiently on the painting/radio desk behind me as the first squadron is finished and work on the second begins. Ah, yes. Lot's to see and do in Stollen during the next week!

Comments

Bluebear Jeff said…
I (and I assume others) will wait with bated breath.


-- Jeff

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!