Skip to main content

Further Painting Progress . . .


The last few evenings have seen work on the musket barrels and bayonets of the first company of Zichenau’s Ermland Garde, plus the faces, hands, and bases of the second company. If the silver oil has dried to the touch by this evening, I’ll complete the brass bands that hold the muzzles to the wooden musket stocks. Then, it’s on to the cream undercoat and white top coat for the coats of the second company. Although, now that I think of it, I have promised the Grand Duchess a 25 mile bike ride this evening, so maybe this will have to wait until Saturday. Yes, we've finally recovered a bit from last Saturday's big ride and feel like getting back on our bikes. Well, at least it’s a good thing that the lesson planning for Friday is minimal tonight! Charge!

Comments

Bluebear Jeff said…
Stokes,

By all means, go for a bike ride with the Grand Duchess . . . remember the old saying, "If Mama's not happy, ain't nobody happy".

Besides all of her other wonderful qualities, she buys figures for you . . . do you realize how fortunate you are?

Keep her happy and let her know how much you appreciate her.


-- Jeff
Frank said…
Bike rides? Bah Humbug!!

However, you are putting together two mighty fine looking armies Stokes and I am so jealous of your production rate that I could cry :-)

Frank

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!