Skip to main content

We Have a Winner!!!

Oberfeldwebel Lebrecht Klatschen has won the Golden Grenadier Painting Competition, taking 34% of the votes cast!!! I've just received the breaking news from the administrator of the contest.

Thanks to all of you who cast your votes for the Oberfeldwebel. He'll enjoy an extra large stein of Turkish coffee and a clay pipe of the best Virginia tobacco with his junior N.C.O.'s at their favorite haunt, 'Der Andere Schuh' (the other shoe) this evening. Once the e-certificate arrives in the Grand Duchy of Stollen, I'll share it here. Thank you again, and a hearty thank you also to the other painters who partook in the contest. Their entries and painting skills are certainly also noteworthy. Well done men!

Comments

Congratulations to the Oberfeldwebel and his tailor! A well deserved honor.
Mr. Fox said…
Glad you won it! My entry got a measly one vote, lol!

Your e-trophy will probably arrive after the weekend, as I am quite buisy at the moment....!

DwarfMan
Prince Henry of Anthro-Paphburg
marinergrim said…
Well done.

Next time i'll try and enter too although I don't have many figures from the "approved" list of manufacturers that will mean buying more toys (what a lame excuse!!).
Bluebear Jeff said…
Perhaps by the next contest someone from the Principality of Saxe-Bearstein will be willing to journey to the judging field. Of course this depends upon when that will be.

Congratulations to the Grand Duchy of Stollen!


-- Jeff

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!