Skip to main content

The Golden Grenadier Painting Competition

Gentlemen (and perhaps Ladies),

If you're tooling around here with nothing much to do in the next few days or so, repair forthwith to the "CAMRA, SOSAC, & Olmec Derision Society" Yahoo discussion group.

Sign in (join if you haven't yet done so), click on 'Polls' over on the left side of the screen, and then on 'Vote for Your TWO Favorite Models'. The five figures entered will show up, and you can decide on the two you like best and submit your votes.

The web address is:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMRA_SOSAC_Olmec_Derision_Society/

Of course, you'll notice that Oberfeldwebel Klatschen is participating in the contest, and I hope some of you might cast your vote for him. But let your conscience, figure, and painting tastes guide you in your decision. Since the entry deadline was extended twice, I'm unsure how many days are left for voting. It's probably a good idea if you do this sooner rather than later though.

In the meanwhile, stay tuned here for more photos of Stollen's Leib (Grand Duchess Sonja's Own) Grenadiers. It shouldn't be too many more days before the first two-dozen figures are complete in their painting, and I can move onto the next batch of 19 figures -- Company B.


Comments

Gentlemen,

Ok, it seems I must have accidentally clicked something or other yesterday. But i've fixed the comments difficulties now. Comment away, please.

Best Regards,

Stokes
Bluebear Jeff said…
Well, as I write this, Oberfeldwebel Klatschen is leading the Golden Grenadier Contest by a single vote.


-- Jeff
Come on, come on, come on -- Gooooo Oberfeldwebel Klatschen -- RUN!!!
As of my voting, he was leading by 3.

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!