Happy Easter from the Grand Duchy of Stollen! As of this morning, Oberfeldwebel Klatschen is leading in the Golden Grenadier Painting Competition with 12 votes (35%). Imagine what the Oberfeldwebel could do if he had Hillary Clinton’s campaign budget at his disposal. Why, he might even be able to get unstuck from that Armory paint bottle!
Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!
Comments
I hope Oberfeldwebel Klatschen wins the painting competition.
Allan