Skip to main content

And Introducing the General Staff

Here are the finished 25mm MiniFigs Prussians I'm using for Grand Duke Irwin-Amadeus II (at center), General Von Maur to his left, and their ADC Captain Rudolf Michael Von Schenker.

Again, the shot is slightly blurry, but you get some idea of what these personality figures look like. I particulalrly enjoy Von Schenker's lime green busby bag. Without a doubt, Stollen's society ladies are in rapture over his uniform. Of course, rumors abound suggesting that he's already broken several hearts -- and he's still so young at only 25! The orange bows in the Duke's and Von Maur's hats are a nice touch too. Look really closely.

If Santa Claus/Father Christmas happens to bring a digital camera with a macro setting, expect to see some better photos here in the next week or so.

Comments

Bluebear Jeff said…
I'm sure that we all hope that you have a very joyous Christmas (whether you get the digicam or not).


-- Jeff
Anonymous said…
I'm sure the Grand Duchess will express her gratitude to you in the appropriate manner - spreading gifts around her populace in celebration of the season and your good fortune!

Joyous Noel to you and yours.

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!