Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!
Mid-18th Century Painting and Collecting with Occasional Tabletop Games in the Grand Manner Since 2006

Comments
I do, Greg does and it seems you Stokes also are stuck with the artifical vision appendage.
Donald~
uh . . . but I wear them just the same.
I'm amazed that the Grand Duchess allows you a room. My darling shoos me off into the garage (where it gets cold).
You're a lucky Grand Duke!
-- Jeff
http://saxe-bearstein.blogspot.com/
No I do not wear glasses, yet...
For the Grand Duke, is that an infamous door table you work on?