Skip to main content

Finally a few pictures for your viewing pleasure!



Thank you so much to everyone for your patience. And now (drum roll, please), for your viewing pleasure, several photos of the 2nd (Von Laurenz) Musketeers. I hope you enjoy them.

I've chosen photos showing the gradual completion of work begun in late-July and finished in early-September 2006 -- from no paint at all to all finished exept for the protective "Future" coating.

It's interesting to compare the next batch of figures in later photos with the completed figures in the foreground. Quite a difference, eh? The same unpainted background figures are slated to become a unit of jaegers, who will fight along side the 2nd Musketeers against forces belonging to the Electorate of Zichenau.

For future photos, I hope to obtain and use a digital camera with a macro feature, which will make photographing painted miniatures a little easier -- and the finished products a bit clearer and more interesting to view.

Oh, and before I forget, I have finished and colored a basic map of my campaign area, which I will post here later this week once I have scanned it. Stay tuned boys and girls!

Comments

Bluebear Jeff said…
Remember, if you "click" on a photo, you get to see a larger version of it.


-- Jeff
MurdocK said…
Interesting, what are you mounting the line of figs on to hold while you are brushing?
As far as the temporary bases are concerned, I use 1" square pieces of cardboard for foot figures and 1" x 2" pieces for horsed figures. This is what you see in these photographs. I started doing this is the late 80s with my 15mm Waterloo era Napoleonics. Prior to that, I used to glue many figures at a time onto long strips of cardboard. In the end, I found that it was easier to handle 1 figure at a time.

Until the last couple of days, I had been doing the same with my 1/72 plastic figures, but certain complications have led me to reconsider the wisdom of this since some paint pulls away when detaching finsihed figures from these temporary bases.

Popular posts from this blog

The 18th century? What's the Fascination?

Hessian musketeers by All the King's Men Toy Soldiers of Snellville, Georgia, U.S.A. Just a quick post post today, but I thought the above question might be interesting food for thought. Obviously, there is an array of possible periods, theaters, and conflicts that might catch our eyes. But what is it about the era 1700-1799 -- either real, or imagined? Is it the commanders and politics? The fairly straightforward tactics? The myriad of uniforms and flags? The variety and scope of the conflicts? The patchwork of various and sundry petty states, (at least in Central Europe)? I'm very interested to learn your thoughts. Don't be a lurker! Please leave a comment -- or even two or three. Have a nice day everyone!

An Early July Hussar Update. . .

  Marginally neater in appearance with green bases, girths, and ivory horse markings added, but I need to neaten up some hooves now before moving onto the rest of the tack. W here in the world did June go? While I still ponder the answer to that question, how about a quick painting update on the first batch of 14 Minden Austrian hussars and Nadasdy? Good.  I'm glad we are of a like mind. Still on the sloppy side, but I've managed to move things along, painting the green bases, white (ivory) horse markings, and beginning the miles and miles of tack adorning the various horses.  I always like to begin with the girths spanning the horses' ribs which helped hold the saddles in place.  Even with the figures mounted individually on temporary painting bases, these can be kind of tricky to access, but there we are. I've also used various Army Painter washes (Mid-Brown and Strong Tone) as well as their Speed Paint (Grim Black) to make the manes and tails of the horses a bit m...

And a few more photos. . .

Ok, here are a few of the 2nd Musketeer regiment in process during late-July and August. Enjoy!