Not bad for a photograph taken with my I-phone (plus a few edits in Photoshop Elements). In any case, it provides some idea of where we are so far with the pledged figures. Just slightly more than two weeks to go. Can I finish the figures shown here? There is also a small laundress vignette waiting in the wings just t the let here.
Swamped with school-related work since the university semester really got underway, mostly reading and prepping for classes as well as wading through a load of undergrad papers and the odd bit of so called professional development stuff. However, I have managed to squeeze in 60-90 minutes in the painting chair most evenings the last two weeks. The tedious white, red, and black are done and now it's time for the hair, musket stocks, etc. And then of course there are the flags, (brass rod) poles, and finials to add.
I've also managed to find probable examples of the standards carried by the Ernestine Sachsen infantry during the Seven Years War period, and I'll use these as a guide if I can work out resizing them, and then paint over the colors. I plan to make the standards about as tall as the figures squared. Perhaps a bit oversized, but big enough to show up well. We'll see how things go when I get there. Keep your fingers crossed.