Here is a suitably 18th century Christmas greeting that I found online somewhere or other.
Letting the ol' mind (or what's let of it) wander here these last few days about what the painting queue will look like for the next 12 months. Here is what I came up with:
1) Finish the latter half that monster 80-figure infantry regiment I began in January 2015. Another 40 figures or so.
2) Paint the four Minden personality figures, Russian artillery crew, and two cannon I received for Christmas 2015.
3) Paint limbers, four-horse teams, and limber riders for the approximately one dozen cannon in my two 25-30mm imaginary mid-18th century armies, the Army of Stollen and its nemesis the Army of Zichenau. Yikes! If I'm not careful, the wargaming table will need to grow in order to accommodate these and that pontoon/wagon train I assembled back in 2014.
4) Finish painting a series of female camp followers (laundresses, ladies of ill-repute, and a Lutheran pastor who has his work cut out or him) that have been languishing in my "to do" pile for the last 18 months or so. These are mostly Suren 'Willie' 30mm figures with one or two from Black Hussar Miniatures.
5) If time, replace my 25mm MiniFig standard bearers in my infantry units with pairs of Minden standard bearers, which were purchased in early 2015 and have also languished in the "to do" pile, along with some Front Rank cords and finials along with lengths of brass rod, ever since.
Looks like my work is cut out for me. Time to saddle up once more and get rolling!