Actually, it's a 'Liebster' award rather than 'Liebhaber,' which has an altogether different set of connotations! Just a bit of delusional orthographic tomfoolery here this morning. ;-)
Anyway, thanks to Neil, the man behind the blog Toy Soldiers and Dining Room Battles, and Peter at The Singlehanded Admiral blog for nominating the Grand Duchy of Stollen blog to join the growing ranks of fellow Liebters out there in Internetlandia. The rules of the Leibster Blog Award are as follows:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog linking it to the blogger who has given it to you. Done (see above)!
2. Pass the award to your top 5 favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers by leaving a comment on one of their posts to notify them that they have won the award and listing them on your own blog.
3. Sit back and bask in that warm fuzzy feeling that comes with knowing that you have just made someone's day!
That done, here are my nominees for the Liebster Blog Award:
1) The Duchy of Alzheim. This is one of the first blogs I stumbled onto in late 2005 and which has been a source of semi-imaginary 18th century inspiration ever since although its owner the enigmatic Mr. H., who doubles as my occasional tabletop opponent, the notorious General Phillipe de Latte, sometimes ventures into other projects and periods. In any case, it is always fun to visit the Duchy of Alzheim.
3) Joy and Forgetfulness. A well-written, entertaining, and sometimes hilariously funny wargaming blog written by one Conrad Kinch, noted wargamer, pipe-smoker, author, and legal scholar. His wargaming-related scribblings have appeared, among other places, in Battlegames and the sadly defunct Classic Wargamer's Journal.