Here is another sketch map by General de Latte, indicating new troops positions.
General von Tschatschke and General de Latte have just written and dispatched their new orders for Move Two. Let's peek and see what the two tactical ne'er-do-wells are planning, shall we?
General von Tschatschke:
1) Jaegers will have to do the best they can in Eispicke Village and, if at all possible, make their way back to Stollenian lines via the hill and marshland.
2) Gun battery to continue to hill, deploy and begin firing into nearest target(s) as soon as possible, preferably the flanks of any cavalry units that pass by.
3) Von Laurenz Musketeers and Leib Grenadiers will form line in company columns of fours and fire on any enemy that comes within close range (6” or less).
4) Independent company of Wolmar-Bock Regiment will occupy field works beyond town gate.
5) One company of 11th Engineers will occupy field works on north side of Neu Sittangbad. The other company will begin laying charges along the length of the toll bridge for possible
demolition late in the day if necessary.
6) The third squadron of the 4th Dragoons will join rest of regiment just to the south of Neu Sittangbad.
General de Latte:
1)11th Hussards, 1st Squadron, charge those jaeger in the open before you. Residue of the regiment to gain the height, but mount no futher that the first contour line - no line of sight for those gunners on the plain. Await relief from the Mittau Infantry.
2) Mittau Infantry to gain the height.
3) Trumbach Dragoons to fall back and take station behind the Grenadere zu Pferd.
4) The Ermland Garde and Von Flickenhoffer’s are to form columns of fours and advance upon the enemy infantry. They are to form line outside of enemy musketry range and engage them forthwith.
5) My number one battery (1, 2 and 3 from the right of my line to the left) shall move in conformity with the Infantry.
6) Batteries two and three shall continue their fire upon targets of opportunity (ie, until I can give them some blessed movement orders!).