25 October 2010
Current Painting Process in the GD of S Project. . .
Finally, I have figured out a way to get my MSWord Painting Progress Chart to appear when I paste it into Blogger -- a nagging problem here since June 2008 -- Paste it into MS Publisher and save as a JPEG file. Slightly convoluted, and so typically Stokes, but it works!
In any case, here is where we stand at the moment with the two Sittangbad-sized forces I set out to paint, beginning in August of 2006 after the Grand Duchess and I returned from our camping honeymoon across the Dakotas and Minnesota. Just four units to go you'll see! Those final sixteen Huzzah Prussian musketeers, painted as Wurtemburgers, just need their white cuff and lapel lace, and then they stand ready for their two coats of Future/Klear acrylic floor finish. We're so close to completion of the initial project. . . so, so close!
However, I must make a terrible admission to those of you who visit the Grand Duchy of Stollen regularly. I placed a small order to the Dayton Painting Consortium for some Austrian grenadiers earlier this afternoon. These will be painted eventually as a 32- figure freikorps battalion. I've also sent off a list of birthday and Christmas gift suggestions to my resident St. Nick, and (naturally) that includes a couple of units of RSM95 figures (one infantry, one cavalry) plus some caissons, wagons, horse teams, and the like. Like so many before me, even with the completion of the project in sight, I'm thinking ahead. What a weak, weak man I am (hanging my head in abject shame). . .