1) Black basecoat -- Done
2) Black undercoat on horses. -- Done
3) Flesh, hair, figure bases. -- Done
4) Drybrush horses with dark blue. -- Done
5) Brown girths and stirrup leathers on horses. -- Done
6) Metal bits on horse halters, martingales, stirrups, and spurs. -- Done
7) White markings on horses. -- Done
8) Tan undercoat on officers' and troopers' coats. -- Done
9) White/Silver lace on saddlecloths. -- Done
10) White belts, straps, and cuirass lace trim. -- Done
11) Red facings and turnbacks. -- Done
12) Swords, sword baskets, scabbards.
13) Carbine stocks, barrels, firelocks.
14) Metal cuirass shoulder straps.
15) Fill in saddlecloths/valises with red.
16) Fill in gauntlets and coats with white. Take care to let tan show in "shadowy" areas and creases, for example between arms and torsos, insides of elbows, beneath arms, etc.
17) Necessary touch-ups to fix inevitable paintbrush blunders.
18) Varnish with Future/Klear acrylic floor finish.
So, still quite a bit to do before these last nine figures are finished, which will bring the regiment up to its full strength of 30 figures. But some of these steps are fairly quick 'n' easy to do. No predictions just yet for when they might be finished exactly. The approach of Christmas and Young Master Paul have slowed things down on the painting front appreciably relative to previous years at this time, but maybe, just maybe I might be able to finish this unit in the next few days. Certainly before New Year's Eve, during that nice, quiet Christmas Week lull.