20 December 2006

Trimming and Pinning Dragoons

Last night, I spent about two hours trimming flash from the next squadron of nine Revell Austrian SYW dragoons -- one officer and eight troopers. I followed by drilling tiny holes in the bottom of each figure (yes, yes -- ha, ha you cheeky money!) and a corresponding hole in the saddle of each horse before pinning the two together. The total ready for a layer of white glue and base coating is now 21 -- two squadrons of nine figures each and three regimental staff (colonel, guidon bearer, and drummer).

Sonja, The Grand Duchess of Stollen, had a girls' evening out yesterday, so I had some extra time to fill afterwards. Naturally, my attention turned to the buildings that I've recently put together. I spent another hour or so painting white and various shades of Burnt Sienna acrylic colors onto the walls of several houses and the church. The latter makes a really nice shade of dusty reddish-brown when white is mixed with it -- perfect for a North German (or Belgian) brick effect.

On a few of the gabled ends of the townhouses, I'll use colors like ochre, very light blue, and light green. These are colors you'll still see on houses in L├╝beck, Gdansk, Stockholm, Riga, and various other old cities and towns across the north of Europe. I’ll have some pictures of how things are shaping up with my BUA’s – plus a few other photographic goodies -- later today. Stay tuned!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...