04 September 2006

The 2nd Musketeers Are All Painted!!!

I finally completed the 2nd (Von Laurenz) Musketeers last night! They look fantastic if I do say so myself. As soon as I finish the current role of film (this week hopefully), I’ll scan several photos and post them here and at OSW. The only glitch is the flag.

First, the eagle I painted in the center of each side is about the lamest looking bird anyone has ever seen. Second, I think that I’ll cut away the molded flags and poles in future, replacing them with one’s I make myself. But then there is the problem of making a convincing finial for the top of the pole! Anyone have any suggestions? For central designs, I’d like to try some decal transfers like those I’ve seen other’s use in their work, for instance Phil Olley.

Otherwise, I am very pleased with the results of my initial foray into another size and “period” (albeit an ahistorical country and army) besides 15mm Napoleonic figures.

This week, I hope to gradually cover the entire unit in a coat of Future floor polish and then a shot or two of Testor’s Dullcote to kill the shine. I’ve already washed my next couple of units – a smaller battalion of jaegers and two gun crews plus a mounted officer. Next weekend, my wife Sonja and I will go camping for the last time this season, but afterwards, I hope to get cracking on meeting the OSW September Painting Challenge!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...