22 August 2006

Scrambling. . .

Here it is August 22, and I've got quite a way to go before finishing the first regiment in my imaginary 18th century armies -- the 2nd (Von Laurenz) Musketeers, who will fight for Stollen.

The last couple of weeks, I've resorted to working on company-sized batches of figures at a time, so that actual painting progress is faster and more apparent to the eye. So, this afternoon, I finished the white straps and shoulder belts on the second group of 19 figures. Two companies now look almost complete -- and pretty good if I do say so myself!

Until ten days ago (or so), I plowed my way through the entire 63 figures assembly line fashion, one color or area of the figures at a time. I reached the point though where visible progress was not readily apparent. So, scaling back and working on one section of the unit at a time seemed like a reasonable answer. Seems to work pretty well.

Still, I'll have to move it in order to complete the regiment by August 31st, thereby meeting the August Painting Challenge posed at the OSW group on Yahoo. Cross your fingers! Since fall term has started at the college where I teach, and I have a new semester's worth of teaching commitments, time is suddenly more precious. But I'm trying! Stay tuned for more commentary and photos here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...