The almost finished Hanseatic flags and standard bearers in question. These were the town flags for Bremen (L.) and Elbing (R.). I like them very much, and so borrowed both into my semi-fictitious setting. They strike me as just the thing for a regiment based on the infantry of the period from Hamburg, Bremen, and Luebeck.
I finally got down to business this afternoon and painted two Hanseatic flags, which will, after glossing, join my 60-strong regiment of RSM95 Hanseatic infantry that I completed back in, oh, late 2011 I think. They still need a couple of coats of acrylic gloss, but I'm calling them almost done save for a few final touch-ups.
This (Saturday) evening, I managed to return down here to Zum Stolenkeller, where I assembled two Minden Austrian guns that have been floating around here since 2014 (?) and the two French 8pdr. guns given to me this Christmas by the Grand Duchess. I also glued a number of artillery tools into the hands of several French, but soon to be Lauzun's Legion, gunners. All in all, not a bad way to get back into the painting and modelling chair after too many months away. Onward and upward as they say.
Sunday Morning. . .
Thank you everyone or your kind comments about the flags above. I typically copy files culled from the web into MS Word, resize, print, cut out, and attach them to flagpoles. Then, I carefully paint in my own colors and try to add some subtle highlights here and there before glossing everything. It is not a fast process by any stretch.
This morning, however, I am fired with enthusiasm, and if I can get through preparations for Monday's class quickly enough, I hope to return to the painting table to tackle another pair of replacement flags that have been sitting around for a year now. Time to get these done! I can then move on, in good conscience, to all of the cavalry waiting in the wings. Yet more painting backlog that should have had considerably more attention during 2017.
Still tinkering with online photo editing tools via Pixlr (Photoshop Elements is better, and I really need to purchase an updated version). This time, I have used Pixlr's 'Sharpen' and 'Denoise' to get a finer, better defined photograph of ol' Fred and his good buddy von Seydlitz.