03 July 2016
Painting Progress for 2016. . .
As the old Robert Plant song from the mid-1980s goes, little by little. . . Here's where things stand according to my plans for the year laid out in a blog post last January.
1) Finish the latter half that monster 80-figure infantry regiment I began in January 2015. Another 40 figures or so. – Done!
2) Finish painting a series of female camp followers (laundresses, ladies of ill-repute, and a Lutheran pastor who has his work cut out or him) that have been languishing in my "to do" pile for the last 18 months or so. – Done!
3) Paint limbers, four-horse teams, and limber riders for the approximately one dozen cannon in my two 25-30mm imaginary mid-18th century armies, the Army of Stollen and its nemesis the Army of Zichenau. – In Progress. . .
4) Paint the four Minden SYW personality figures, Russian artillery crew, and two Russian guns (a cannon and howitzer) I received from the Grand Duchess and Young Master for Christmas 2015. --In the queue.
5) If time, replace my 25mm MiniFig standard bearers in my infantry units with pairs of Minden standard bearers, which were purchased in early 2015 and have also languished in the "to do" pile, along with some Front Rank cords and inials, plus lengths of brass rod for the flagpoles --In the queue.
Thinking ahead to 2017. Maybe that will be the year to beef up my cavalry arm and possibly add some smaller units of infantry? Now, if only real life will keep quiet for the rest of the summer break. Shhhhh. Don't say it!