29 January 2016

Some Weekends. . . Sigh!

Well, darn it!  There is a much anticipated lull in the reading and course prep this weekend, and I was so looking forward to some uninterrupted soldier painting.  And what do you think happened?  Yep, I woke up with a cold and slight fever this morning and had to miss not one, but two Friday events, a meeting and a professional development seminar.  Not deathly ill, mind you, but I don't feel like doing a darn thing.  Even picking up a paintbrush seems less that exciting at the moment.  Blah.

-- Stokes

5 comments:

Wes Rogers said...

Under such conditions it might be best to lie in bed and re-read Charge. Very relaxing book. Tea laced with sugar, lemon and whiskey also helps.

Bluebear Jeff said...

Stokes,

Sorry to read about your 'malaise' . . . but I suspect that it is your body saying "it is time to rest and recuperate". . . . In other words, "Stay in bed (or at least remain physically quiet), keep your fluids up, and don't try to rush things".


-- Jeff

Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke said...

Booth good pieces of advice. Thank you, men. I might just have to try the tea with sugar, lemon, and whisky this evening. That actually sounds like just the thing.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Matthew Sullivan said...

Colds are bad enough, but when they eat into your painting time? Egad. Hopefully you'll be back at the painting table soon. In the meantime, sometimes it's nice to have an excuse to do nothing at all.

Doug said...

Guess what I got for Christmas?
I got hurt!
Arse over elbow, smacked my hip and back of the head on the ice.
Tylenol, self pity, some booze and lots of sleep.
My old pile of comic books also helped.
Bomb yourself with vitamin C, hope you feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...