21 February 2013

A Few Scenic Items on the Way. . .

A group of the Grand Duke's cronies, enjoying social intercourse at the Brummen und Zummen.  Strangely, there are no dinner rolls standing in as cricket balls in sight!

Ha!  I just made a small order for some Foundery and Front Fank barrels, gabions, crates, trunks, sacks, and other paraphernalia with which to enliven my planned pioneer/sapper/miner/pontoonier vignettes.  With any luck at all, those things should be here in a week or, right about the time I wrap up the musicians, dogs, and so forth.  Now, if we are able to finish supper in enough time this evening, and I can get the Young Mast into bed without any unforeseen difficulties (ok, tantrums), I might be able to steal away back down here to Zum Stollenkeller for another round of painting and some much needed quiet time to myself.  Cross your fingers!

3 comments:

Michael Peterson said...

I notice the Grand Duke's portraitist on the floor, poised to capture a moment of greatness.

Heinz-Ulrich von Boffke said...

Ah, but sadly, for Irwin-Amadeus II, those moments seem always just beyond reach.

Best Regards,

Stokes

warpaintjj said...

I love vignettes - always a last on the list job but worth every penny and every second spent sorting them out. Looking forward to seeing all these extras soon.
JJ

PS the tantrum phase passes, I have three daughters so have observed this, the teenage years promise a whole new parental terror...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...