The base edges require a bit of touching up for a fully finished look, but here is the first company plus the mounted colonel and regimental staff at the front.
Not really, but I have been wrestling with a computer bug during the last ten days for the third time in about six months, which means that the desk-top PC has been out of commission. . . AGAIN. So, I've had to do most of my computing via a laptop this week, and that complicates blog posting and uploading photographs a bit. In any case, here are two pictures of the first company of those Huzzah Miniatures, finished last Sunday. I haven't included the extra officers, NCOs, or drummers though. I mean, why have too much of a good thing?
The flag was fairly easy to do. I found a conjectured Wurtemburg standard through Kronoskaf/Project Seven Years War (link at lower right on this page), resized, printed, and trimmed carefully with an X-acto hobby knife and a metal ruler. Once it was glued carefully around the flagpole and shaped into some fairly plausible folds, I let it dry overnight. Sunday afternoon, while the Grand Duchess and Young Master Paul were on a walk, I next painted over all of the computer ink colors, using a #2 round brush and a #1 for the tiny central devices and golden lettering. I overpaint like this because computer inks not only fade with time, but they also run admirably when you apply acrylic varnish, er, floor finish (Future/Klear). It's fairly easy to paint over the colors already on the paper "flag" with a little practice however.
Now, for you detail freaks, who might immediately set out to visit the Kronoskaf website with the intent of checking my work, the actual Wurtemburg standards featured tiny sabres in their outter corners. I chose not to attempt painting those in though. Awfully small, tedious, and the regiment will serve as a fictitious unit in the Army of Stollen after all, so I didn't mind omitting that particular detail.
Finally, I have managed to sit down to the painting table for a little while the last couple of evenings and apply two coats of black basecoat to the next batch of 16 infantry figures. Since all of the company officers, NCOs, and musicians are painted already, the painting of these should progress reasonably quickly. I know, I know. . . Famous last words!