07 January 2009

Christmas is not quite over yet. . .

Guess what arrived in the mail a little while ago? Yes, C.S. Grant's recent new book -- The War Game Companion! It seems the Grand Duchess is full of surprises and ordered the book a month or so ago, but it was out of stock at that time. Well, I don't know what to say except that it is packed with all kinds of lovely photographs and fascinating information on Charles S. Grant's games, gaming history, gaming rationale, and much else. As I said to my wife after I kissed her and thanked her profusely, "Well, I'll see you next week. I'm going to lie down and have a closer look at this." So, do I try to paint this evening, get the Action at Pickelhaubewicz with Jonathan Broadus rolling again, or retire to bed early with a cup of coffee and this book? Hmmm. . . Decisions, decisions!

7 comments:

Snickering Corpses said...

An awesome late present!

I'll keep an eye on my email in case you decide to start up again. Supper somewhere in the near future, but hope to be otherwise available tonight pending family.

Stagonian Jeff said...

Rumors have it that Stagonia is thinking of invading northern Stollen . . . initial target is said to be the Sawmill.

Do you want another CHARGE! pbem game? If so, let me know.


-- Stagonian Jeff

Der Alte Fritz said...

I would recommend putting everything else down, starting a fire in the fireplace, getting a cup of hot chocolate, and reading The Wargame Companion cover to cover tonight.

Everything else can wait.

Bluebear Jeff said...

Not "everything", sir. Surely time must be made to thank the Grand Duchess Sonja who was so perceptive as to obtain it.


-- Jeff of Saxe-Bearstein

tidders said...

Put your feet up, have a relax and read the book !

-- Allan

tradgardmastare said...

Go for the book- I got mine over Christmas and it is indeed a fantastic inspirational read!
Alan

Steve Turner said...

Stokes - Don't do what I did, and attempt to read the entire thing from start to finish in one sitting. Try to come up for air now & again.

Steve

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...